United Way’s Work in Parry Sound
United Way is a community impact organization that supports the social service sector within your local community. Its mission is to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. Your gift to United Way helps to address multiple needs throughout the Parry Sound District, making a lasting impact on the lives of your family, friends, and neighbours.
Funds raised in Parry Sound go to support local community programs and services. In 2016, the following programs are being supported within the Parry Sound District:
- 211 Ontario – Human Services Database
- Canadian Red Cross – Disaster Services
- Canadian Red Cross – Winter Warmth
- CNIB - Vision Rehabilitation
- United Way – Leadership Development Program
- United Way – Young Leaders on Board Program
- Whitestone Afterschool Program
211 Human Services Database
211 is a telephone and website based resource that individuals can use to obtain information based on their area of need. 211 offers information on community, social, non-clinical health and related government services.
For more information, please contact Katina Matheson, Community Coordinator